Support During Illness
The Bikkur Holim Committee and the Mi Sheberakh List are two ways that our community offers support for healing. When someone is experiencing physical or mental illness, our clergy and Hesed volunteers provide a loving embrace. Please contact us to request or offer support.
Bikkur Holim Committee
For BJ members undergoing or recovering from illness, our Bikkur Holim volunteers provide support and resources by:
- Visiting people in hospitals, nursing homes, or in their own homes
- Making phone calls to congregants who are homebound
- Performing practical tasks such as shopping or running errands
- Calling those whose names are on the Mi Sheberakh list for healing prayers on Shabbat morning
- Helping congregants who are experiencing illness or facing surgery with person-to-person support
Please contact Galit Lopatin Bordereau if we may visit you at home or in the hospital, or help in any other way. We will contact you to plan together how we can best assist you.
Mi Sheberakh Healing List
Prayer can be a powerful source of spiritual support. Every Shabbat and holiday, we recite the Mi Sheberakh blessing, a prayer for those who are in need of healing. If you would like to add someone to the list so the community can pray on their behalf, please fill in the form below or contact Billie. The list is confidential and names are read silently during the prayer.
Several times a year, volunteers call people who are on the list. If you would like to make calls, please contact Andrea Newman.