Join small groups on Zoom to engage in learning and reflection with this incredible new resource, “What has COVID-19 Revealed About Racial Disparities? Resources for Communal Reflection,” created by members of the BJ community Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) committee.
BJ’s year of learning about shemita calls on us to reimagine our community and society in ways that will enhance equity for all. The COVID-19 pandemic exacerbated and exposed many inequities in U.S. society. Before we can begin to reimagine or take action, we need to examine honestly where we are now.
There are three different modules examining the effects of COVID-19 on health disparities, educational disparities, and mass incarceration across racial groupings. Each module consists of two sessions that will be co-facilitated.
This program will provide a grounding for our work in this shemita year.
BJ members are welcome to sign up for one, two, or all three of the modules in any order they choose:
- Monday December 20 and 2nd session TBD (facilitated by Rochelle Friedlich & Judith Trachtenberg)
- Wednesday January 26 and Monday February 7 at 7:30-9:00PM (facilitated by Debra Kalmuss & Susan Thal)
- Wednesdays December 15 and 22 at 7:30-9:00PM (facilitated by Betty Jane Jacobs & Susan Miller)
- Tuesdays January 11 and 18 at 7:30-9:00PM (facilitated by Jane Gronau & Elaine Klein)
Mass Incarceration Module
- Tuesdays December 7 and 14 at 7:30-9:00PM (facilitated by Linda Thal & Ira Wolfman)
- Thursdays January 13 and 20 at 7:30-9:00PM (facilitated by Judith Plaskow & Ryan Brenner)
Note: This event is open to BJ members only. Registration for each series will close 48 hours prior to the beginning of the first session in that series.